Basic Medical Theory Course
|Current Project Version: 2.0.1|
|UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES EDIT THIS LESSON PLAN WITHOUT CLEARANCE VIA A RELATING GITHUB ISSUE!|
See all important infos at this courses GitHub page
|UOTC Main Articles|
UOTC Active Courses
UOTC Field Handbook
New Player Guides
|UOTC Rules & Templates|
UOTC Wiki Publication Rules
UOTC Wiki Lesson Plan Template
UOTC Wiki Documentation Template
Contribute / Report
Both above actions may only be taken in two available ways:
1. Creating a GitHub Issue
2. If no GitHub account is present or can be created write a PM in the forums to http://forums.unitedoperations.net/index.php/user/11966-paxjaromemalues/ or reuqest in UOTCs public communication channel whom currentley has control of this document and write to that person.
Sign Up Template
This is pasted in this raw format using the (BBCode option in the forums editor!
[img=http://uo.zumorc.de/famil_header.jpg] [hr][table][tr][th][b][size=4]Course[/size][/b]:[/th][th][size=4][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][b]Basic Medical Theory Course[/b][/font][/size][/th][/tr] [tr][td][b][size=4]Date:[/size][/b][/td][td][size=4]YYYY-MM-DD[/size][/td][/tr] [tr][td][b][size=4]Time:[/size][/b][/td][td][size=4]HHMMz[/size][/td][/tr] [tr][td][b][size=4]Prerequisites:[/size][/b][/td][td][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][url=http://www.unitedoperations.net/wiki/Getting_Started_Guide_(Arma_3)#Addon_Synchronization_-_ArmA3Sync]Properly installed & Synchronized addons[/url][/font] [font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][url=http://www.unitedoperations.net/wiki/Familarization_Course_Lesson_Plan]UOTC Familiarization Course V2[/url][/font] [/td][/tr] [tr][td][b][size=4]Maximum Participants:[/size][/b][/td][td][size=4]6 + Chief Instructor & max. 2 Assistants[/size][/td][/tr][/table][hr][table] [tr][td][b]What:[/b][/td][td]The Basic Medical Theory Course was designed as a single short course solution navigating the community issue of insufficient knowledge about the technical functionality of the advanced medical system amongst the playerbase. Participants will be taught the bare minimum knowledge about available functions, equipment and obstacles using the ACE3 advanced medical system. This course builds on top of the TCCC section of the Familiarization Course V2 and is designed as the step stone course for the higher tier medical series.[/td][/tr] [tr][td][b]Why:[/b][/td][td][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]To ensure participants have minimum theoretical knowledge to successfully treat themselves and others in situations of medical emergency.[/font][/td][/tr] [tr][td][b]Where:[/b][/td][td]Training Server (SRV2) & Teamspeak.[/td][/tr] [tr][td][b]Remarks:[/b][/td][td]1) Ignoring the prerequisites or semi-passive activity can lead to [b][i]instantaneous exclusion[/i][/b] from the course by the Chief Instructor[/td][/tr] [tr][td][b]Sign-Up:[/b][/td][td]Nickname (ingame/ts) example (Lt_Foobar/LtFoobar)[/td][/tr][/table][hr][b]Attendees (0/6):[/b] [b]Reserves:[/b]
This course requires:
Instructor and Assistant Course Directions - MUST READ
- No bio breaks are included for this length of this session.
- Text marked with [I/A] are directions to help instructors and assistants to perform the course as intended by the office.
- The performance of your course is to be consistent with the up-to-date material.
- For directions on course planning and disciplinary actions while holding the course read the next page.
- To help you avoid confusion we marked sections including scripted content like this:
- Do not repeat what has been stated in that scripted content just read. Only build on top of it or elaborate specific parts out of it for the pure purpose of clarity.
- Always ask participants if one of them can briefly explain what just has been read. Have the section read again if this is not the case and afterwards briefly explain the substance to the participants.
- To remind you about asking we marked the end of all scripted content with: [ASK!]
Disciplinary Actions and Course Planning
Directions for course planning and disciplinary actions
- It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to request assistants to join you on the course once the participant sign ups exceed 5 players to keep up the ability to provide timely and personal help
All assistants need to be trained CLSs with valid UOTC tags no older than 1 year!
- Only UOTC Junior/Senior Instructors or UOTC Aspirants qualified for the Familiarization Course instruction can serve as actively involved Assistants.
- All partaking Assistants need to have read this document.
- Announce that some sections are read out as a script for the sake of course and content consistency. Required links to the script material will be given in channel before the script is read. It is highly recommended to read and listen to the material due to its complexity, especially for players without english as their first language.
- Point out that if the instructor or his assistant asks a question, a confirmation (as in yes/no) is required to speed up the course process. This is also used to identify idling participants.
- Bio break time windows have to be met by the participants; the course will continue w/o repeatings of course material for late participants.
- If a participant has to go for a quick leave, he is to announce this in side chat with the expected time of unresponsiveness. If the time frame exceeds 10 minutes the user is to be removed from the session.
- The chief instructor (who should be the missions admin) removes unresponsive participants in a very short time frame and notes their names for the course report marked as: ‘has to re-attend’.
- The chief instructor (who should be the missions admin) is to immediately remove participants who went absent w/o providing previous notification, as required above.
- When assistant and chief instructor have the feeling that a participant is semi-absently performing the course (being alt-tabbed etc. and just standing by to finish the course) they are to confirm this by taking him aside at mission end and asking him random course material questions to confirm if the tags will be given to him or not. This should be done in private(!) and not in front of other participants!
- If the Chief Instructor needs to perform an unplanned break, he is to give over the admin role to one of his assistants before hand.
- After handing out the tags a course report by the chief instructor is expected to be posted in the signup thread for that particular session.
- Spawning without any gear except a limited IFAK and standard gear (as in earplugs, compass, watch and a 343 radio) is intended.
Section 1 - Introduction 
- Individual First Aid Kit
- Provide tags to attendees on teamspeak.
- Forums Post with names of tags assigned and people who have to reattend.
- Change Sign Up Thread Title to [COMPLETED].
- Lock the Sign Up Thread / Send Azzwort a message to lock the Sign Up Thread.
- Ask for positive feedback or compliments to be posted in the UOTC feedback thread (with link) Emphasize that all criticism or suggestions for improvement should be posted as a PM reply.